Sunday, December 14, 2014

Ten Tricks at Mt Snow

This past weekend I took a trip down to mount snow with my good friend marc. I had been to Mt Snow before but never enough to really appreciate it. This has all changed as I decided to purchase a season pass. With a day ticket costing $90 and a season pass costing $360 it only made sense to buy the season pass.
   Mount Snow is home to Carinthia  which is the first and only all park mountain face on the east coast. Recently redesigned Carinthia is home to 12 parks for all skill ability. The face features over 125 features, a half pipe and a superpipe with 18 foot walls. Carinthia was the host for the 1st annual winter dew tour stop, redbull buttercup finals and the Freeski Open.  Their park system has been on the receiving end of praise for its amazing conditions and adaptability to these big name tours. It doesn’t matter if you’re a pro skier or a novice, there is something for everyone to ride at Carinthia.
   We hit the road Saturday Afternoon for the 3 hour drive down to West Dover VT where we were going to be staying. It was hard to sleep but when we woke up we immediately headed to the mountain. This was my first time skiing as a season pass holder, not much has changed besides the fact this is going to be my third home mountain.
   We started off the day on the main face where we took some nice warm up laps to get our legs back under us. This was my first day out for the season so my legs were doomed either way. After shredding the main face we ventured on over to Carinthia where the fun began.
   The first couple runs blew my mind, I could not believe how nice of a park setup they had for just opening. As we were taking laps we ran into Aaron, Phil and Tyler and we continued to take laps on the park.

   The day went on until it was closing time and all of our legs were beat. Carinthia had drained me of all my energy. As we went home and reviewed the clips from the day I couldn’t of been more stoked to have bought a season pass to Mt Snow. By just spending a day there I was able to realize how much better I was going to get this season. Carinthia is a perfect training ground and I’m so glad I bought a season pass.

1 comment:

  1. Nice project. You said you wanted to use an interactive map. That would have been a good addition. The video is good. The story needs stronger proofreading, but it's a good description of the day on the mountain.

    ReplyDelete